Thursday, October 8, 2009

I'm famous

I'm locally famous, you know. By locally, I mean within confines of the hospital/medical staff connected to the Dr. S's, the phlebotomy lab, and the imaging center. They know me. I walked into the registration area of the hospital for b/w on Saturday morning because CWH, Dr. S's office, is closed on weekends. Mind you, I hadn't been to the hospital in more than a year - not since my last round of b/w - and they knew me before I opened my mouth. They were already pulling out my records. They told me I was famous. They recognized me before I introduced myself at the imaging center the other day, too. And the CWH registration desk hasn't bothered asking my name the last few times I came in for b/w. Isn't that pathetic?

It's nearly over. More blood work this afternoon, more on Saturday, and more on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. And that will be it. Finito. Finis. My blood and reproductive organs will be my own until my next appointment with Dr. S in November.

No comments: