Yesterday, a girl on an over 35 baby board that I follow announced her BFP. I'm happy for her, but every BFP turns the knife in my heart another eigth of an inch - just enough to sting. Every announcement brings back the old feeling of being on the outside and looking in (that was my entire high school experience). I don't like it. I feel like I'm being left behind. They're all hopping on the bus and driving away while I'm left to run after them on the side of the road, waving frantically at them to stop.
It's not that I don't want anyone else to get pregnant - I do - but I want to join them. I want to be part of the inner circle too. I want my pass!
Okay, move forward. Upwards and onwards. I can't dwell on what I can't control. That's in God's hands. I need to have faith that He knows what He's doing. Focus on what you can control, missy. Focus on DH's appointment with the urologist next week. Focus on the vitamins you're both taking to give you a fighting chance. Focus on the charting. Focus on your next appointment (which is still TBA). You're doing what you can. Focus on that and leave the rest to God.
Focus on the beautiful weather this weekend. Look forward to taking care of the neighbors' cat and the stray on their front porch (he's a handsome, friendly little thing for a stray). Enjoy the escape from work and baby chatter.
Not much of a pep talk, is it? As long as it keeps me from feeling sorry for myself, I don't care.
Oh, it looks like today may be P+1. Both mucus and the fertility monitor are in agreement. Another 2WW begins. What will this one bring, I wonder (as if I didn't know)?
1 comment:
Hmm...your plan is admirably virtuous. It wouldn't work for me, though. I find the only thing that makes me REALLY feel better is doing something they can't do. (For which purpose I really need to get myself in shape this summer...)
Surely you have something it kills them not to have? Enjoy that. That's what makes it OK for me - I refuse to believe that I want anybody else's life (even if I may want some different things in mine), because I don't. For me to survive, it has to be best of all things to be me. (I'm naturally fairly arrogant, which helps considerably.)
Post a Comment