DH and I are back from his urologist's appointment and . . . nothing. No varicoceles, no prostate problems, no infection, no sperm antibodies. No reason for the problematic forward progression. According to the urologist, unless it's one of these things, there's not much to be done to improve forward progression except what we're already doing.
DH has been taking those "penis pills" (as he calls those Proxeed-type vitamins) since last July. We'll continue taking them. He also asked the doctor about a few things he thought about doing: exercise, cutting out soda and caffeine, and taking l-Arginine. The doctor said they can't hurt. I already have the l-Arginine for myself - I've read that it helps improve implantation rates in IVF cycles so I figure it couldn't hurt to try for natural cycles - so I'll let DH try it for himself.
The extended release B6 (500mg) finally came in the mail yesterday, so I started that. We'll see what it does to mucus. If can do anything to direct his swimmers to where they need to be, I'll try it. I should remember to mark when I started it on my chart. That, and the Mucinex.
3 comments:
I hope the B6 works for you. This is my second cycle on it and my mucus seems less fertile on it. Not sure what that means. ;o)
This is not advice, it just amuses me: Taking Charge of Your Fertility contains an anecdote about a ttc couple using ACTUAL egg white as a, well, lubricant, I guess, to help with fertilization. Allegedly they conceived on that cycle.
I see the potential for infection and disease, plus it's so weird and disgusting (but then, what about IF isn't?), but it's so amusingly horrifying I had to share.
Hope your regimen improves things male and female!
I've heard about using egg whites, but ew. I'm surprise TCOYF actually mentions it as a viable option. Unrefrigerated eggs go bad quickly. A potential for infection is a definite. To put that in my body? I can only imagine what it would do. I itch thinking about it.
Post a Comment