Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I don't think I did

Peak, that is. My monitor reading made a U-turn and is headed back down again. That means we could be approaching the big peak day. Maybe today? Maybe tomorrow? Maybe last week? I'm telling myself to take this cycle a day at a time. If I'm going to peak, I hope it's tomorrow or the next day. I don't know that my husband and I will get a chance to be together before then.

Yesterday, when I saw the monitor readings had turned around and that I still had 10CL, I really wanted to find time with my husband. Unfortunately, he spent all evening yesterday preparing for his fantasy baseball draft tonight. I'm ashamed to say that I started to get miffed last night when I realized he wouldn't be done with the fantasy baseball stuff before I went to bed. I tried not to. I tried to remember that I'd put all of this in God's hands and that through His guidance, we'd find the right days to be together. All of that flew out the window, of course.

I feel so bad for poor DH. He gets caught in the middle of it all. He asked if I wanted him to come to bed, but I told him to continue with the baseball stuff. I didn't want to force him. Then I felt myself becoming completely unreasonable, thinking that he should know that I want him to come to bed because I'd mentioned earlier that we might not have yet peaked. He should be able to read my mind and know precisely what I want him to do. Shame on him for not having superhuman powers.

DH could see me getting sullen. It got to the point where he asked if I was mad at him. I told him no. I wasn't either. I was mad at the situation. I couldn't get mad at him for not understanding that when I told him to keep going with the baseball stuff, what I really meant was that he should come to bed.

Poor guy. I'm glad he puts up with me. I don't know if I could in his place.

Anyway, we'll see what happens tonight. DH will try to get back home at a reasonable time. I don't like having to do BD on demand, but what can you do? One day - and I pray that it's soon - we'll be a couple when we're "together" and not two people trying to make a baby.

UPDATE: Monitor says peak is today and CM seems to be on track with that. DH is at his fantasy baseball draft now. Bummer. I hope I'm still awake when he gets home.

4 comments:

Fertile Thoughts said...

Hi!
I just your history off ttc. That's great you're working with a Napro Dr. Aren't they great? I noticed you avoided the Proxeed, HAHA! I totally agree about the price :) I just about died. That is probably why my Dh too about 8 months to finish two and 1/2 boxes. AHH! Very frustrating. But I geuss i can't force it down his mouth. HAHA. Anyways, I noticed that you're almost at peak day maybe. This may be TMI but maybe try BD in the morning. That is when a man's hormones are at there peak so it is really hard for them to resist in the morning...I hope you don't mind me saying that, I am just trying to help. I just read that information in the book "Getting Pregnant: What You Ned to Know Right Now". I am planning to put it into practice myself ;)
Many prayers,
Amber

Praying for Hope said...

No, I don't mind your suggestion of BDing in the morning. Someone else once mentioned that too. About the only time we get a chance to do that is the weekends though. I get up around 5:25 every morning. Whenever I think about getting up any earlier, I chicken out.

Sew said...

I am so tired of sex on demand. We are very lucky to be able to hit peak time. :)

I am so tired, I leave it all in God's hands. He works with less trying to work in my pitiful soul! I figured he has it all under control! ;) hahahaha!!

Fertile Thoughts said...

Oh my goodness...5:25 am is to early for any action ;)!