I am so tired right now. DH and I went up to his hometown to attend the viewing of his aunt's ex-husband. He also happens to be the brother of DH's uncle's wife, so there's a connection to the man through both of his parents. DH remembers seeing him at all of his cousins' weddings and during Christmas at his uncle's house. I'm sure I must have seen him before, too, since I was at several of those weddings, but I don't remember him.
I have to say that I don't like viewings. I know they have their place and many people value them, but I prefer to remember people as they were when they were alive. I don't want my last memory of someone to be of that person lying in a casket. That's morbid. I have absolutely no regrets that I wouldn't view my grandparents at their viewing. None. I was there for them, but I refused to walk up to the caskets. If my grandparents were there in spirit, they understood.
Anyway, we didn't get back home last night until nearly midnight. We spent some time with our dog and cat - they're such good girls - before I hopped in the shower. It was after 1:00 by that time, and I had to get up early this morning for a networking event we're holding at work. It's my event, so I couldn't skip. Too bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment