Friday, April 3, 2009

Wait and see

My husband and I never did get together on peak day. He didn't make it home until after midnight, and by that point, I was fuming in bed trying to fall asleep. We'll have to hope Sunday's session suffices. We managed to get together yesterday after work, but I'm skeptical that will make a difference. Perfect timing doesn't work, why would timing it three days before peak and one day after? Still, DH is hopeful.

One silver lining: with a relatively late peak, I shouldn't need to worry about AF during my doctor's appointment next week. I don't know if there will be an exam or not, but I hate the thought of sitting there without underwear, leaking all over the exam table. I'd be mortified. I know that he's already seen it all, but he hasn't seen it all from me. I'd like to keep it that way if I can.

Now that we drove MIL back home last weekend, FIL is coming down this weekend. He and DH are doing a father-son bus trip to New York City tomorrow. I get to stay home and have the house to myself. I love my husband dearly, but I get so much more done when I'm the only person in the house. It also gives me a chance to try some recipes for lunch and dinner that I know DH would hate. Maybe a nice whatever-happens-to-be-in-the fridge-and-pantry soup. Those are my best soups.

2 comments:

prayerfuljourney said...

I agree...I definitely get more done around the house when my DH is not home. I love the private time to just work at my own pace. When he's home I just love to be with him and I don't do much else unless he's busy on the computer...then I go and read. I know about those kind of dr appts. I like to keep some of my life private even from Dr's. Gosh...it's tough but I try. God Bless.

the misfit said...

I know what you mean - yes, it's the gynecologist, but professional people do not see me menstruate. Call me old-fashioned, but I say it's just impolite. (Fortunately, none of my upcoming labs are scheduled for "while you're bleeding"...)